CAR WON'T START

1995 Buick Park Avenue

1995 Buick Park Avenue V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 146000 miles

We have a new battery, redone tranny, car will start then immediately die. If a door is ajar or if we have locked the car sometimes it won't start either. We have to reset it by locking them again then the horn/security system will honk after 20 minutes and then SOMETIMES you can start the car. We have been leaving it unlocked, all doors closed tightly and the car hasnt' started for 2 days.
Security system issue? Key issue? Crank Shaft Positioning sensor maybe?
Adreenie

First of all thank you so much for your donation. When the car doesn't start is the security light on or flashing?Also does the car turn over when it doesn't start?If it does turn over when it doesn't then I need you to check for spark and what the fuel pressure is. Also what is the 8th digit of the vin?

Thank you for your response. The engine starts and immediately dies, lasting 2-3 seconds tops. The security light had been on solidly and my husband reset the security sensor (just since I posted on the board), hoping to be able to start it and at least get it home for the weekend - but it did not work. The 8th number of the VIN is K

Thanks so much,
Adrienne

Adreenie
I emailed you some trouble tree's one for crank's but won't start and one for security light stays on solid or flashes plus a wire diagram.I would print them all out so there easier to read and portable. You will also need a multimeter to do the testing. Let me know what you find.

Thanks Louie,

I received those pages, thank you so much for sending them. I did print them out and will take them home with me this evening. I am encouraged and hopefully this won't be another $700-$1000 fix.

What did the digit in the VIN tell you (out of curiosity)?

Thanks,
Adrienne

Adreenie
The 8th digit tells me what engine you have with your car there is the same size engine one being super charged one isn't the letter you gave me tells me you have the non super charged engine. That was just in case I needed to know so I could get you the correct info.I don't think it is going to be a really expensive repair the main thing is to get it diagnosed right now. Let me know what you find.

I emailed you the location of the pcm and the decoder module.