CRANK SHAFT SENSOR ,AND CAM SENSOR A

1994 Buick Park Avenue

1994 Buick Park Avenue 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

HI I VE BEEN RUNNING INTO THE PROBLEM OF TRING TO FIND OUT WHY MY CAR HAS BEEN DIE ING OUT, BUT WOULD START RIGHT BACK UP, NOW IT WILL ONLY TURN OVER, BUT IM NOT GETTING ANY FIRE FROM THE PLUGS, AND I CHANGED THE COILPACK, AND IGNITION MODULE, AND RESET THE CODES, STILL NO SPARK, WHAT DOES THE CRANK SHAFT SENSOR AND THE, CAM SHAFT SENSOR, PROVIDE TO THE CAR? CAN U HELP ME OUT?THANKS
Dezzz322

The camshaft tells the computer which injector to energize, the crankshaft tells the computer the positions of each cylinder pistons to fire upon and the engine speed-if the computer don't see these input signals it will not tell the ignition control module to fire up the coil or the computer itself can do it alone.

Furthermore-the computer uses the crankshaft position sensor to identify misfires when it occurs and it pin points where its coming from on each cylinders

Crank shaft sensor will definetly cause this issue. When they start to fail they can be intermitten. Usually after the engine cools they will fire again. However they do reach the point of no return. Depending on the engine you will need a special tool to align the sensor properley. The sensor is mounted behind the harmonic balancer and is subject to alot of abuse from road splash.
Cam sensor is on the left side of the timing cover and is easier to change.
Do you have any trouble codes set?

Ed Armes