MODELS OIL LOSS

2005 Buick Other

2005 Other Buick Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 43000 miles

MY WIFES 05 BUICK LIMITED LOOSES OIL. WE USUALLY CHANGE OIL EVERY 3000 MI. BUT IF WE LET IT GO THE LOW OIL LIGHT COMES ON. I CHECKED THE LEVEL AND IT WAS A QUART LOW. THERE ARE NO VISABLE OIL SPOTS ON THE GARAGE FLOOR AND I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING COMING OUT OF THE EXHAUST. WHERE EVER THE OIL IS GOING, IT GOES AT A VERY SLOW RATE.
RON COCHRAN

A couple of things to check is to see if you see a coolant leak near the water pump or at either end of the engine from the intake manifold. If this is a V6 which I think it is, your intake gasket may be leaking internally and sucking oil into the cylinders. There is a fix for this now and if you still have your extended warranty the dealer should take care of this no charge or minimal. Also check your pcv valve and make sure it is working. If you don't feel good suction this will cause oil useage as well. And it's an easy cheap fix.