SERVICE ENGINE CODE P0102

2002 Buick Lesabre

2002 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl 58000 miles

My service engine light comes on one day, off the next, then on again the next day, etc. Thje engine bucks on hard accelleration.

I had Auto Zone check for codes and found code P0102, having to do with the MAF/VAF. I found that the rubber boot was not fully inserted on the air filter housing and had a small gap on the bottom. I fixed that but still have the problem.

What should I do now and how do I reset the code assuming I can fix it myself?

Darkin99

Try cleaning the MAF dirt may have gotten to it. Need scanner to erase code go back to the Zone buy some MAF cleaner have them erase

Docfixit
Thanks for your quick reply. I bought some MAF spray cleaner and I'm going to try to clean it myself but now I need some help locating and removing the MAF sensor for cleaning. The car has several electronic modules in the vicinity of the air intake.

There is a two wire sensor in the rubber tube between the air cleaner and an aluminum housing connected to the engine block. On the aluminum housing there is a module with 3 wires labeled A B C. To the left of that there is a 4 wire module and below that module there is another 3 wire module. Which is the MAF?

If the MAF is in the aluminum housing, how do I get to it? There is a screen on the intake of the housing so I can't see or access the modules through there. Do I have to remove the aluminum housing from the engine block? I hope not because there is a lot of stuff connected to it. Can I remove the screen? Can I remove the MAF from the outside of the housing? Are there any precautions I have to take?

Thanks for your fine help.

David

Darkin99
MAF is in the air plenum the one between air filter and intake.

Docfixit
For the Buick LeSabre, the MAF sensor is located not in the plenum but in the throttle body. It's the module labeled A B C.

Darkin99