CASSETTE TAPE STUCK IN THE PLAYER, WON'

1998 Buick Lesabre

1998 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 133000 miles

Cassette tape is stuck in player. Radio and CD player still work.
I get error code E13 when I mess with it.
When I hit eject, it clicks for a few seconds and then just quits.
Can I get the tape out somehow using some trick so I don't break anything?
Tedcmd

Hello -

Well, the error code:

E13: Tape Communication Error Cause(s): The micro-processor is reading the speed pulses from the tape deck either too fast or too slow.

There is always a chance of damage unless you take it to a service center and have them do it.

If you want to try it yourself, I have used a small screw driver and gentle tried to lift the tape up while hitting eject. Sometimes that works.

You may have to take the radio apart to get it out. I you would like I can provide info on radio removal.

Looks like you may have some recalls on your vehicle. The dealer may fix these for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on these to see if they apply to you.

Thanks for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_1998_Buick_1.jpg

ImpalaSS
Ok I looked everywhere and have not found a way to get the tape out of the deck. So I would call around to sterio shops and see if anyone will get it out if you bring them the tape deck. The last time I had a tape deck and it kept one I took it out and took it apart to get it out. I'm not saying do it your self unless you have good knowledge of it and puting it back together. This is why I recomend a sterio shop. Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for your support.

Racefan966