ELECTRICAL

1997 Buick Lesabre

I have a 1997 Buick LeSabre 3.8, aprox 140kms.
I have 2 questions;
1. The power seats are not functioning. When I removed the fusebox cover the larger silver 'breaker fuse?' Was and still is, too hot to touch. What is the problem? Is it as simple as a new fuse?
2. The power window on the passenger side stopped working. It would work intermitantly before but now seems to only work very occasionally. When it does work, the master control on the drivers side (for passenger window), also works. DO I have to replace the entire passenger window button assembly?
Please help.
Thanks,
Tony
TW123

Hey Tony,
The hot breaker indicates that its " tripping". Something is causing an excess load on the circuit. Either the seat is jammed/frozen or the elec. Motor or linkage for the seat has failed.
A common problem with the widow operation is the wiring harness between the door jam and the door is in a rubber boot and over time the wires in that boot break. I would check that first before trying to replace any switches! Let us know!

Chris

Carundell