TRACTION CONTROL AND ANTILOCK BRAKE LIGH

1992 Buick Lesabre

Other Category problem
1992 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

I recently purchased this car from a private individual for a very reasonable price in " as is" condition. The traction and anti lock brake lights come on after reaching a speed of ~15mph. I have bled the brakes as they seemed soft. I have checked for fuses, only the anti lock has a fuse that I have found. I have replaced the right front wheel bearing assy as it was very noisy, this came with a new speed sensor built in. After finishing all this up, I noticed a missing connection on the master cylinder and discovered a plug lying nearby. I connected it, and started driving over 15 and no lights! I pressed hard on the brakes (it was snowy road conditions) and the anti lock brakes pumped as they should. I went around a corner and lost traction a little, thus spinning a tire and the lights came back on. I double checked the connection and it's still good. I understand how the traction control works by applying braking action to the spinning wheel, thus forcing torque to the other wheel. I would like some ideas of where to begin looking. Note: The left wheel sensor has been checked for connection. I am sure there should be continuity, but my repair manual gives no assistance in that regard. That wheel produces no bearing noises.
Miksor

Since the light is on, you will need to find a shop that is capable of pulling the codes for the ABS/traction control system. There is most likely a code in there that will help point us in the right direction for a repair

Jack42
I accessed the codes (via jumping the two pin listed in the maintenance book) and the only one that came up was 12. System diagnostics.
Can you give me a resistance value for the sensors? I can measure that and maybe determine which sensor is faulty, if one is.
Can you provide me with a schematic of the sensors, front and back?

Miksor
Code 12 doesnt have anything to do with ABS/traction contol. Needs to be scanned with a scanner

Jack42