BRAKE WEAR QUESTION

2007 Buick La Crosse

Brakes problem
2007 Buick La Crosse 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 25600 miles

I just bought a 2007 Buick Lacrosse with 25600 miles on it. When I had the oil changed recently the attendant told me that the front brake pads were like new but the rear pads were half used up. I doubt the front pads have been changed before 25,600 miles, so what could cause the back pads to be half worn out while the front pads appear to be hardly worn at all? Don
Centervilledon

This could have been a rental car and they saw teh front pads won so replaced them. Depending on the driver is how pads wear. Some last a long time and others don't. If they use their left foot to brake typically they wear quickly. Just look on the brake pedal and see if it is worn down on the left side. That would be a logical explanation.

The pedal does not seem to be worn much at all and I don't see that one side is any different from the other side. I was told it was a factory exec car which could be the reason that the front pads wore fast, so much so as to have to be replaced. I'll just have to check out the pads in few months I guess. Thanx for your thoughts. Don

Centervilledon
Hi, this is not inregard to your brakes but when you purchase " an executives car " in the future. I worked for GM in engineering for 31 years. When an executive gets a car they drive it for 6,000 miles and turn it in. They have to be a 8th level or above to get this benefit. But at the same time tey must lease a car or buy one evry 2 years. So they usuallylease as it costs them less. So the next time you purchase a car have it looked over by a mechanic you trust. And have them repapir stuff like the brake pads all the way around if they look suspicious. Also i'm glad that you purchased GM and have great service from your vehicle.