FAN KEEPS RUNNING

2005 Buick La Crosse

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Buick La Crosse 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 11,000 miles

The fan for the AC and heated were not working. I checked the fuses and found that one of the fuses for the fan was bad. I replaced the fuse and the fan motor kicked right on. I checked the AC and it was working fine now at all speeds. Great right?. Wrong, the fan continued to run even after I turned the car completey off killing my battery. Any suggestions as to where to start?
Chuckbuick

You have to install a capacitor. Here is a bulletin. Subject: Blower Motor Inoperative or Intermittent, Blower Speed May Drop or Blower Continues to Run After Key Off (Install a Capacitor at Blower Motor Control Module Connector)

Models: 2005 Buick Allure (Canada Only), LaCrosse

2004-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Some customers may comment on an inoperative or intermittent Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) blower motor. Others may comment that the blower motor speed may momentarily drop or that the blower motor continues to run after the key is turned off.

Disconnect the negative cable from the battery. Refer to the Battery Negative Cable Disconnect/Connect procedure in the Engine Electrical section of SI.
Remove the right closeout/insulator panel. Refer to the Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement-Right procedure in the Instrument Panel, Gages and Console section of SI.
Disconnect the wire harness connector to the blower motor control module. Start here

Brian 1