NO REVERSE OR LICENSE PLATE LIGHTS/TRUNK

2000 Buick Century

2000 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 99,000 miles

I have a 2000 buick century and there are no reverse or license plate lights. Also my trunk will not open with the remote or release button in glove box while lights are on. When lights go out terunk will open with remote. I do hear a clicking sound in the glove box area when I depress the trunk release. The clicking is not coming from the fuse box under the hood.
I replaced the neutral safeth switch because I read that could be the reverse light problem but did not solve it. Also I do have tail lights on each corner of the car but the bulbs mounted on the trunk lid do not lighjt with parking or head lights but they do flash when I depress trunk release after lights go out.
Kuklos1

Did you ever find out what it was, I am having the exact same problem?

Tvaughn54
Found it finally. It was a broken ground wire where the wires go from the trunk lid to the body. Hard to find because it was in the protected plastic that made me think it was fine.

Tvaughn54