SOFT TOP STUCK

2003 BMW Z4

2003 BMW Z4 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 34000 miles

I opened up my soft top, and latched it down. It is now stuck. The latch release button won't budge, so I cannot put the top back up. There is a second latch release button for a storage compartment right below the soft top latch release button. That is now also stuck. I think the two are related and use the same mechanism, and somehow that is now " frozen". How do I go about taking things apart and access the mechanism to see if it needs to be replaced?
Hunter_85_2000

The service to he convertible top requires the convertible top to be removed from the car. I know it seems crazy but to work on the top of the E-85 cars usually requires it to be taken out of the car.

Dr. Hagerty
I had my motor replaced recently and they said they had to pull the entire top out to do the work. I dont know what (release) your talking about, I just hit the power button on mine. Check your fuses.

Linkers