2003 BMW Z4

2003 BMW Z4 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 34000 miles

I opened up my soft top, and latched it down. It is now stuck. The latch release button won't budge, so I cannot put the top back up. There is a second latch release button for a storage compartment right below the soft top latch release button. That is now also stuck. I think the two are related and use the same mechanism, and somehow that is now " frozen". How do I go about taking things apart and access the mechanism to see if it needs to be replaced?

The service to he convertible top requires the convertible top to be removed from the car. I know it seems crazy but to work on the top of the E-85 cars usually requires it to be taken out of the car.

Dr. Hagerty
I had my motor replaced recently and they said they had to pull the entire top out to do the work. I dont know what (release) your talking about, I just hit the power button on mine. Check your fuses.