DOOR OPEN SWITCH

2003 BMW Z4

2003 BMW Z4 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 44000 miles

My door open warning light is on and won't go off. I believe it is the passenger door because the window won't go all the way up as is normal if the door is open. The interior light goes off as it should. I am unable to find the switch that gives the open condition both on the door and the trunk. It may be the trunk if not the door. Where is the switch and is there an easy way to determine if the switch is bad?
Jeaster3

The door lock assembly houses the " door closed" switch. Part# 51-21-7-036-167. The new BMW cars have gone away from using mechanical switches and instead it is a hall effect device. Your diagnostic seems logical to me, if the window wont go up all the way, I would suspect the passenger door lock is faulty, however, the system is readable for faults with the proprietary BMW software and I recommend reading out these faults before the repair attempt is made.

Dr. Hagerty