WINDSCREEN JETS

2005 BMW X3

2005 BMW X3 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 60000 miles

The water is not coming out of the front or rear jets. I can hear the motor working and the water comes out from under the bonnet. The pipes seem disconnected but cant find a way to get to the jets and pipe. How do I do it?
Loxton

My car id the 2. Od version. I am unable to get to the jets located on the bonnett to see if the pipes are damaged. As water is coming from under the bonnett and not through the jets

Loxton
The underhood insulation will require removal. The plastic rivets are secured with Phillips head screws. Get the insulation out of the way and then it should be possible to visualize where the break is.

Dr. Hagerty
Thanks matey- All fixed. Actually there were 2 larg black round covers that needed removing to get to the jets. Just a simple reconnection job - guess they must have expanded with the ice in the cold weather and came off. Easy job.

W

Loxton
Hi Mate - fixed the front ones, but now the back one is a problem. Got to it ok and the water is flowing through the pipes, but will not come through the jet - I think the valve may be the problem. I have cleaned it thouroughly but there does not seem to be air coming through at all. Tride connecting again after testing the water was coming through the pipe and once again, when I connect the valve and jet nothing! - Can these valves break?

PS my version of X3 - 2.0D - UK seems slightly different to the picture you posted. Any thoughts?

W

Loxton
As with most things BMW, and made of plastic, yes they can break and they can get plugged up too. Cleaning and keeping windscreen solvent in the reservoir will help.

Dr. Hagerty