02 WORKING FINE, THEN WOULD TURN OVER BU

2002 BMW M5

2002 BMW M5 V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 120000 miles

I was driving ; my 02 M5. I parked for a half hour, went out to try and start it and it would turn over and then die. I tried to turn it over like 8 times and it would start and sound fine for a second or two then shut off, seemed like it wasn't getting gas, then it woud turn overf for a second or two and then shut off l, but it ended up finally making a tapping sound while it was dying, like a fan hitting a fan shroud, but that is just a example of the noise, it is not doing that. PLEASE PLEASE HeLP if you can give me any info on what this could be I would GREATLY appreciate it. It just happened today and I am kinda freaking out. PlEASE HELP
Fulltilt786

It could be a fuel pump failure, what have you tried so far?

Dr. Hagerty
I haven't really tried much. I talked to my buddy who is a BMW service tech, that is what he said could be too. He said to bang on the gas tank with a rubber malet and see if works. The noise he said could have been the starter got to hot and was not grabbing. That makes sense bc now it won't start at all, turns over but won't start, but haven't heard the noise since last night when I was trying to start it over and over. Is there any way to get the fuel pump to work? Thank ; you for the quick response man.

Fulltilt786
To try and get it to work is one thing. If it is dead, replacement is the solution. Try spraying some brake cleaner in the intake and see if it tries to run, if it does then you know you have a fuel delivery issue.

Dr. Hagerty