WHERE IS THE FUEL FILTER

1999 BMW 840

1999 BMW 840 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

Hello I have been looking for the fuel filter for an hour so if you can tell me where it is I have read how to change it I just can't find it. I know to use two wrenches, take out the fuel fuse, put a towel over the lines just incase there is still fuel remove and change the washer and remove the old and replace the new then reverse. I just can't find the fuel filter to begin this. Please get back to me and let me know thank you
Clarkent

The E-31 840 was not in production in 1999, however, the fuel filter is under the car, do you have means to lift the vehicle?

Dr. Hagerty
Hello and thanks for the answer so quick I have the car up on jack stands right now so I can get under. The 840 was produced in 1999 in Europe although it stopped in 1997 in the US I am working on a right hand drive 840 Ci E31 that is my bosses and he lives in Grenada so he has a right hand drive. Thanks again for the quick response and looking forward to hearing from you again

Clarkent
Hello again I went and had a look under and I think that I may have found it I was looking on the drivers side the whole time not thinking that in Europe the drivers side is the right and the passenger side is the left and we are opposite in the US. So is it right up in the rear wheel well of what would be the drivers side in the US and what would be the passenger side of Europe and Grenada? Please let me know and thanks again for the help.

Clarkent
Hey never mind I am finished changing the thing I just said I know this is it so I am not going to wait all day on a response when I am this sure but thanks anyway for the help

Clarkent
A right hand drive car, who would of thunk it?

Dr. Hagerty
Helllo I know I was like what but it is over now so thank you for everything

Clarkent
No worries mate. My mind reading skills need some remedial work.

Dr. Hagerty