TRANSMISSION WILL NOT MOVE THE CAR IN GEAR NO

1997 BMW 840

1997 BMW 840 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

mechanic friend drained the oil in my transmission and replaced the transmission filter. After the fact he did not know how to replace the transmission fluid. I found out later that you never have to change the fluid in this car's transmission! My fault! I had the car towed to BMW here at home and they charged me actually the bill is already $850.00 so far and I have not picked up the car as they claim they did a bunch of tests and cannot find out what is wrong with the car and to add insult to injury they are the BMW dealer here in Las Vegas if they cannot fix the problem who can? So I would ask you what can I do to get my car running again? The car ran perfect before my big mistake but I thought all cars with that amount of mileage should have the fluid and filter changed! It is a great car and has been good to me and I really love the car and want it back on the road running just as well as before. I feel terrible now as the car is such a beautiful car! Can you help me? I will make a donation to your technician as soon as I get a response and thank you!
Claytain carr

If filling it and checking the level after the pan was off was all the dealer was commissioned to do, I dont understand what is going on. You may or may not have caused this issue with your buddy changing the filter, who knows? From here, it is impossible to say what the problem is.

Dr. Hagerty
I wanted the dealer to add the oil and the car shoud have been fine with the new fluid! Now the dealer want $9000 for a new transmission and yes I do not know what they did to my car as it ran perfect before the oil was drained. What could be wrong with my car? Thanks

Claytain carr
Was the car driven with the transmission not full of oil? I need to know what they did and what happened to have it go from fine to f*****d in such a short time.

Dr. Hagerty
The car was not driven the car was towed to the dealer and they put the transmission fluid into the car and called me and told me that the car would not move and they do not know what is wrong with my cars transmission. All that was done to the car while it was in my friends hands was drop the pan and drain the oil put in a new filter to the transmission and he buttoned it up but did not know how to refill the oil into the transmission so that is when I had the car towed to the dealer! The car worked perfectly before all this drama! The car was never driven as it had no transmission fluid in it. The car was towed to the dealer and they put fluid into the car and called me telling me they did not know why the car would not move when put into any gear. Drive or reverse the car would not move!

Claytain carr
The original work should be inspected for possible fluid blockage into the pump feed.

Dr. Hagerty