ROUGH IDLE AND BAD START

2001 BMW 740

2001 BMW 740 V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

My car idles roughly or sometimes just shuts down. When I start the car, I have to keep the RPM above 1K or the car shuts down. Sometimes when I get to a stop light the car shuts down.
I have changed intake manifold cover, all my spark plugs, intake gasket, fuel filter, MAF and I am still having the same problem. I am not sure if it's the fuel pump.
I pulled the codes and whatever it is is giving me 11 codes - Mostly misfires from both banks
p0171
p0174
p1159
p1161
p1341
p1343
p1357
p1346
p1345
p1355
Dkankam

Did you replace the plate on the back of the intake manifold, The PCV plate and gasket?

Dr. Hagerty
Yes I replaced the PCV

Dkankam
I replaced the PCV and the orange gasket.

Dkankam
I am sorry the response was delayed, I see the history and was confirming the rear plate was replaced. I would like to continue. The fault codes listed seem to indicate ignition or fuel injector driver shut down, which could be due to bad coils (from prolonged exposure to oil in the spark plug wells) or a possible recall on the engine harness, I recall replacing several under warranty, or it might be several other mysterious things that generic scanning does not always reveal. It may also be the coolant sensor wiring harness, it is at the front of the motor, it may also be the MAP thermostat wiring harness, it is at the thermostat, inspect all closely and measure the MAP sensor resistance. It should be 11 ohms. The results of a short test with the proprietary software from BMW called GT-1 it would make it easier to continue, do you have access to or is there a dealer nearby that might be helpful, or someone like me that has clone software, it is getting to the point with the new cars that you cant make any repairs or diagnose these things without one. Autologic or Baum have some equipment but, the real deal is the GT-1 software, without it, it just a lot of guess work.

Dr. Hagerty
Two coils where in the oil for sometime.
But they are not misfiring
Will it be possible to buy the software?

Dkankam
I am unsure of the cost, in what general area are you in? I am trying to find a way to do the diagnostic with a link to a site with some required firmware.

Dr. Hagerty
I am in Canada. Alberta.
So if one coil is bad, only that cylinder should misfire? But the misfire seems to be on both banks

Dkankam
You know, I am going to be in Canada at Endura paint (side work for the owner) Is that anywhere near you? I think he said Edmonton.

Dr. Hagerty
I am close enough to Edmonton. When are you coming?

Dkankam
I haven't firmed up the deal but the work visa should be good for Oct. 1 and My passport is still on the way, should coincide with the window of opportunity for you to benefit as well.

Dr. Hagerty