FUEL PUMP COST?

1995 BMW 740

1995 BMW 740 155000 miles

I found a 95 BMW 740IL for sale for $1000. He says he thinks it just needs a fuel pump. I know nothing about cars, but I think this is a great deal. I don't want to get in WAY over my head with a project, How much could it cost me to get the fuel pump fixed? I see these things going for about $5,000 so I figure this might be a good investment. Thanks ya'll
Drewb

The cost of the fuel pump is about 180 dollars.
Before you buy the pump spray a little bit of starting fluid in the intake then try to crank it over if it begins to start its your pump. If you have it replaced in a shop and not your self the cost of the labor will be added to the cost. Also make sure its getting spark also.

D5NUKE
Beware of $1000 740's. There are many things that can be wrong with these cars and the fuel pump is simply not letting it run ( I assume ) There are things that need to be inspected after it is running and before you ink the deal. Is the transmission scheduling correctly? Is there internal engine damage? What is the history of the vehicle? Make sure you do your due diligence or you may find you are inheriting someone else's problem.

Dr. Hagerty