FUEL RELAY

1985 BMW 635

1985 BMW 635 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 15000 miles

My car broke down on the freeway, I had it towed to a different mechanic than my regular one. He diagnosed the problem as a bad fuel pump and was happy to try and charge me $650 to repair it. I called an auto parts store and asked for the price of one and they said they cost $160. I replaced the in-line filter and pump in about an hour (the one in the tank I figured out was fine) and the pump still doesn't work. I hooked 12volts up to my old pump and it turns out it works fine. So there is no power to the pump so I am assuming it is the fuel pump relay. But I cannot find it anywhere. Its not in the fuse box under the hood that has a plastic cover on it. I looked everywhere under the hood I up the bosch part # and it says its a 7 pin but I cannot find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time. Colby Z
Motohead77

Hello
Thanks for the donation.

Your fuel pump relay is located on the right side of the fuse/relay block (pictured below).

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_162.jpg

Thanks for using 2CarPros.com!

Bluelightnin6
That fuel pump relay is a four pin relay. Look for the relay base that has a green wire with a purple stripe coming from the 87 pin, that is the fuel pump relay base.

Dr. Hagerty