S COLD START INJECTION SYSTEM

1978 BMW 633 csi

1978 BMW 633 csi s

I have been arm twisted into helping a friend with a cold start problem. This engine has the typical Bosch cold start injector stuck right in the middle of the intake plenum. So far, it looks like all the basics are covered. I have fuel pressure at the injector, (Cold). And, I have been able to unplug the 2wire connector and apply battery voltage to the injector and observe a proper spray pattern.

My question is, where is the relay, fuse or other control system timer located. Is this tied into the ECT sensor or, does this have a separate timer and control system? My noid light says there is no voltage at the injector at cold startup.
Adpros

The cold start module site at the fire wall and is tied into the thermal/time switch at the thermostat housing. The parts are very possibly going to give you sticker shock, check this site: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=5234&mospid=47204&btnr=11_0710&hg=11&fg=35

I have fixed more than one of these cars with cold start issues and after it is all said and done, a $2 push button and some wire is a lot cheaper than the replacement of "no longer available" parts. If you get my drift.

Dr. Hagerty
I have fixed more than one of these cars with cold start issues and after it is all said and done, a $2 push button and some wire is a lot cheaper than the replacement of " no longer available" parts. If you get my drift.[/Quote]

Oh, I definitely get your drift. I'm just thinking of how to sell this idea to him. I've been a Dodge tech too long! All that Jettronic knowledge was lost many beers, (I mean years), ago!

Adpros
L-jetronic baby, Yeah!

Dr. Hagerty