NEED OFFICAL WORDING OF "HIGH BATTERY DRA

2007 BMW 530

2007 BMW 530 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 22000 miles

I have a 2007 530XI BMW. Every so often my car will display the error message of, " HIGH BATTERY DRAIN" and display a picture of a car on a lift in the center dash. One of my BMW service reports stated that that this is caused by a pull of over 70ma while the car is asleep but that the BMW service center was not able to reproduce it (happens every few months). Future service reports change it to I do not drive enough, even though my average miles per trip is 17 (as reported by the car's computer). I suspect that something like the comfort access is staying on, or coming on. In any event, a dispute has arisen as to what this error means. Could someone please provide official wording as to what this error means, and cite the reference. For instance, a BMW user manual, BMW troubleshooting document, BMW tech bulletin with identifying number, etc. I need something from BMW themselves and not just a statement from a mechanic. A picture of the document or the document itself would be very helpful. Thank you for all your help.

Sam
Shopkins94

By the way, the error message only comes on first thing in the morning when I go to start my car to leave for work.

Shopkins94
What has BMW done to correct the problem so far? What evidence is there to support the comfort access pulling the battery down?

Dr. Hagerty
BMW cannot fix the problem because they can't reproduce it. It only happens once every few months. They hook up a meter to it and watch it over night and nothing happens. They replaced the IBS module which did not fix it. Then they changed their story to I don't drive the car enough. (It's driven every day average of 17 miles). I suspect something like comfort access because other people on other boards have complained about high battery drain error messages and the final solution being comfort access. BMW business people have told me that the " high battery drain" message means that the battery is low. This contradicts what their service techs are saying. I need pointed to literature that states what " high battery drain" means. One of the
service reports states 2DED was logged.

Shopkins94
Anyone?

Shopkins94