NO IDLE RUNNING RICH

1999 BMW 528

1999 BMW 528 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

Okay, car was running fine on Sunday got up Monday to warm up for work and it wouldn`t start unless I held gas peddle down, it runs smooth as long as I don`t let off completly, but it also has a rich burnt fuel smell like the choke maybe stuck, so I check the trottle body for sticky throttle and it seams free and smooth, it`s got two paddles in the air intake, first one, the one closest to the breather is wide open, the paddle closest to the intake is closed and operates with the foot peddle and I assume the criuse. I don`t know how BMW operates it`s chokes or even if that`s my problem.
Rockyquest

Is the check engine light on? The fault could be a plugged air filter. The throttle body adaptations may have been lost due to a bad connector, conductor or component. That's off the top of my head, a short test with the proprietary BMW software is going to be needed as well. Do you have a BMW mechanic in town?

Dr. Hagerty