INTERIOR COOLONG FAN

1990 BMW 525i

1990 BMW 525i 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 103000 miles

My Father has a 1990 525i. This model is equipped with an interior fan to keep to interior from getting to hot. When it is parked for a number of weeks in the summer heat the interior cooliing fan comes on and runs the battery down. Is there anyway to disable this feature?
Ragtopjohnnie

I forwarded your post to our BMW tech, he should be with you shortly. Sorry for the wait

Jack42
There may be a bulletin for an upgrade for this condition. I request the last 7 characters of the VIN to check this as a possibility.

Dr. Hagerty
Sorry for the delay. (Old parents you know). The last 7 digits of the VIN BE26577. Thanks John

Ragtopjohnnie
No bulletins, but you can't leave BMW cars sitting for several weeks and expect to come back to the car and have the battery charged enough to start the car.

Dr. Hagerty
Can he use a solar charger via the cigarette lighter? They have no lack of sunshine down there
Thanks,
John

Ragtopjohnnie
Thanks,
John

Ragtopjohnnie
If the lighter works with the key out, yes, that will do fine.

Dr. Hagerty