LABOR COSTS

BMW 525

I have a 1995 bmw 525i, with 160k miles, 2.5L i-6. I have suspension work that needs to be done. I need shocks/struts all around, swaybar links replaced, and an allignment.

I have been given an estimate between $1800-2000. I think this is a bit high. I think I can get the job done for $300-500 less, as the repair-person contacted a bmw dealer for parts.

my question is not what the total cost should be, but how many labor hours this job should take. I find the internet is infinately useful to find parts costs, but I can't find any estimated repair times. If I can find these times, then I can figure if my price is fair or not.
Andrewsboston

Hi there,

Just looking at a repair time guide for your car. 2 hrs each front shock 1 Hr link pins, 1.25 Hrs each rear shock and about 1 Hr alignment. But I would say that this is could be done quicker, but 8Hr total by the book, Good luck.

Mhpautos
The real question is do you have adjustable suspension? 2000.00 is high, but you did buy the ULTIMATE driving machine!

Merlin2021
I'm pretty sure it's not the adjustable suspension. I don't even know if it was available on the 525i. But maybe so. I think I just got a highball quote from someone using dealership parts prices.

Thanks for the information!

Andrewsboston
Does anyone know of an online repair time guide, or is that something kept in the mechanics safe under their bed?

Andrewsboston
What is the status of this posting?

Dr. Hagerty