WON'T START

2001 BMW 330

2001 BMW 330 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 84,000 miles

Whenever I drive the car and let it sit outside for an hour or so, it won't start. When I turn the key, there's nothing - no sign of the fuel pump (if it has one), engine, nothing. The key just turns. After 3 or 4 minutes of trying, it turns over and starts right up. The dealer is puzzled because it doesn't seem to do it there. It also doesn't seem to do it in a warm garage. I categorized it as an electrical problem but I'm not sure of that either. Please help! At least some suggestions I can give to the dealer. They did plug it in the last time and it returned no error codes. The battery is fully charged and everything electrical works when it won't start including the windows, radio, fans, etc.
Aktrout

I would try the spare key and see if anything changes. I have seen EWS do this to my extreme aggravation. Also the transmission range switch might be a place to look.

Dr. Hagerty