DEAD BATTERY IN NEW

2008 BMW 328

2008 BMW 328 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 1500 miles

I bought a new 2008 BMW 328i 2 months ago and have put 1500 miles on it. Last week it would not start - dead battery. I took it to the BMW Service Shop and they told me the cause of a dead battery in my new car was that I had a 'bad driver profile' - I only drive short distances, thus not giving the battery time to fully recharge.

Can this be true? Is this a characteristic of BMWs? If so, what do I need to do to ensure that my battery stays charged?
Jennyd

I apologize for BMW. The profile they represent to you is one they adopted so that the engineering staff can have an excuse for poor design. The parasitic draw for the car has the battery constantly under a load so that if you have a " poor driving profile" the battery looses charge and it strands you at the worst times. To assist in this will require a battery tending device, this is a battery charger with a low output and is regulated to prevent overcharging.

Dr. Hagerty