TRANSMISSION FAULT

2003 BMW 325

2003 BMW 325 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 38000 miles

Transmission fault light came on, car feels like parking brake is on, doesn't want to go until you get to what feels like 3rd gear. Took it to the shop, transmission checked out fine. They don't know what it could be, so they decided that one of the computers needed to be reprogrammed. 2 days later, it happened again (but I turned the car off and when I started it again, the light went out and car ran fine). However, I'm suspicious that there is some bad electrical problem somewhere. Since August 09, I've replaced a window regulator, my radio just went dead (had to replace it) battery went dead, climate control sensor would not shut off (supposeably that is what killed my battery, the mechanic says); now with a new radio I have tons of static! I think " one" thing led to all these problems and that the BMW dealership mechanics are " stupid" or " thiefs". I no longer know where to turn or who to ask. What do you think?
Agentkendall

The " stupid or thieves" part I wont argue with. A big part of my dissatisfaction when I worked at the dealership was seeing the lying and cheating on a daily basis, it downright criminal. If there is a simple solution to your problem, it might be as simple as going into the trunk and pulling the floor covering out, remove the battery cover, tighten the battery connections and see if the problem goes away. The electronics can be compromised by the simplest things. Let me know if there is more assistance required mate.

Dr. Hagerty