REPLACEMENT OF WATER PUMP

2001 BMW 325

Engine Cooling problem
2001 BMW 325 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

I am replacing a Water Pump on a 2001 BMW 325XI Wagon. Do I need to take the radiator out, like I have on my 88 325? I see that the cooler lines for the AT have special fittings. Are those the same type of fittings that some Fuel Filters and AC Lines have, where you slide a plastic tool over the line to release an internal clip? I have a set of these tools that I used to change a fuel filter on my 1999 Ford Windstar.

Thanks,
Larry
Vail, AZ
Lpbaricevic

I have a cat named Larry! No Larry, the radiator does not need to come out, just the fan and the shroud, then you can remove the pulley and access the pump.

Dr. Hagerty
Dear Dr. Hagerty,

Thanks for your response. I was able to get the pump out. I drained the coolant out of the radiator and removed the other items. I like how I don't have to remove any hoses, and the simplicity of the pump, with just one o-ring.

Should I put the shroud back first before putting the fan back on?

I was trying to make a contribution, but had problems with Paypal.

Regards,
Larry

Lpbaricevic