CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START

1993 BMW 325

1993 BMW 325 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 117000 miles

1993 BMW 325i, inline 6
The engine will crank but it will not start
I have replaced the crankshaft sensor and fuel pump
I have done the starter fluid test and the engine turned over for all of 2 seconds before it died
I have noticed a second compartment in the driver side rear seat. It looks to be a second fuel pump. I am not sure if this is causing the engine not to turn. It is not mention in the manual and I am at a lose as to what to repair. I have noticed no gas seems to be coming out through the lines of the newly found fuel pump if it is indeed a fuel pump. Any guidance, tests, or replacement procedures for this second " fuel pump" would be much appreciated. Thank you
Known good items:
initial fuel pump
crankshaft sensor
Electrical components (starter, battery, alternator)
ignition system
plugs and wires
Grwilliamsiii@gmail.com

I just want to clarify what is happing on this particular event.

If you spray starting fluid in the throttle body the engine will run if you keep spraying it in?

Yes it runs but barely

There is but one fuel pump and it is on the right side. The saddle tank has two level sensors and what you are looking at is the left side level sensor and siphon pump to move fuel from the left side to the right side. When the engine is cranked over, does the fuel pump run?

Dr. Hagerty