CAR WON'T START

2000 BMW 323

2000 BMW 323 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120, 00 miles

2000 BMW 323i 120,000+. I moved from FL to Wi in Dec. Started the vehicle, loaded it on a trailer, pulled it to WI. Car wouldn't start, and still won't start. I replaced the battery, fuel filter, air filter. Wondering what are some of the possibilities? It turns over, but won't start. It sounds to me like it isn't getting fire for ignition. It has half a tank of gas, the fuel looked ok from what I could see when I changed the fuel filter. I am wonding about the spark plugs. Could they be fouled? Or am I looking at a timing chain issue? I am not really that knowledgable when it comes to BMW. Is there a fuel switch or something simple I am missing that could have been activated during trailering. I think I hear the fuel pump running when I switch on the ignition.
Thanks for the help.
Dager

The reason the car wont start will be revealed with a scan tool. Seek out someone with Autologic or a GT-1 or Snap-on scanning equipment. Possibly the EWS is out of alignment.

Dr. Hagerty
I used the Actron CP9135 OBD II Autoscanner and it showed the following codes.

1478
1622

Can you give me any further information on these codes?

Dager
Generic OBDII scanning is not always revealing for early production E-46. The faults you reported do not seem relevant. This may well require proprietary software and someone with the skill to use it to repair your vehicle in a timely fashion.

Dr. Hagerty
Hello you need to follow this procedures to find out what's going on: 1. Do you have spark? Need to test at coil and see spark
2. Do you have fuel, attach gauge to injection system and see fuel pressure.
3. Do you have injector pulse at the injector connector?
3. Do you have compression most likely you do if it ran before. Compression test at each cylinder.
You are missing one of this that's why it wont start, a scan tool wont give you this information

Fermech
I noticed that you just moved here from FLORIDA, where it's warm in December. They don't use anti freeze additive in their gas down there! Try a can of gas line moisture remover/ or gas line antifreeze such as " heet". Look for the type that is recommended for " fuel injectors" if your car is fuel injected, because you don't want to shorten the life of those expensive items either.
WELCOME TO THE NORTHLAND, BABY!

S.andersen