RIGHT TURN SIGNAL WON'T SHUT OFF

1999 BMW 323

1999 BMW 323 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 99,900 miles

On the way home from work yesterday, I used the right turn signal and it will not stop blinking. I turned the car on an off several times, but nothing affected it.

If I use the left turn signal, the right one will stop only while the left signal is on, then the right starts blinking again.

When I use the flashers, they appear to work correctly. When you shut the flashers off, the right blinker stays on.
Steverod23

Please repost with the vehicle identification number as there is a model change that year

Dr. Hagerty
1 WBAAM333OXKC59294

It's an E46

Steverod23
The E-46 body style is an electrically sophisticated platform that will require proprietary software to diagnose correctly. Please do not buy parts until you are sure what the problem is and you are equipped to handle any problem that might come up such as an air bag light or some other warning lamp being on. Having said that, My BMW parts software says part number 61-31-8-363-668 is the correct turn signal switch for the car and Realoem. Com has it for $150, I have seen them fail on the early production E-46 cars.

Dr. Hagerty