EXPANSION TANK

1996 BMW 316

Engine Cooling problem
1996 BMW 316 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 113000 miles

recent mechanical breakdown of water pump so changed thermostat radiator waterpump header tank cap. Its been hot in the uk mid 80s the car hold good temp half way on guage even in traffic. The coolent rises in expansion when hot as expected but when it cools over night the level drops from where it was the day befor about 3mm per day with regular use. Blead system again via manual checked all over for leaks and had pressure test all seem ok so why the level drop from day to day when cold. Please help. Could it be just the extreem hot weather?
Markshark

Pressure cap, leaking head gasket, cracked head, heater core, pushing past the pump shaft packing. Check these items.

Dr. Hagerty
There is no level min or max on expansion tank could I be expecting the level to be too high when cold and its letting the extra out due to pressure sorry I am very poor and cant afford donation thanks dr haggerty 4 your reply

Markshark
I dont get what you mean, is it loosing coolant or you just think it is?

Dr. Hagerty