OVERHEATING

1995 BMW 316

1995 BMW 316 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 140000 miles

hi guys I have a 1995 bmw 316 coupe, on a short journey its fine but if im going about 15 miles or so it starts to overheat, ive toped up the water in radiator and bled it but it keeps doin it any ideas why?
Fordie2507

Start by replacing the thermostat if it continous check for a clogged radiator, defective water pump and cooling fans-

Thanks man, know how to change the thermostat but how do I check for a cloged radiator? An if its cloged how do I unclog it sorry to be a pain but I dont know to much about cars ha ha

Fordie2507
Feel the radiator front for cold spots. Are the cooling fans working?

One way to test for a bad water pump is to squeeze the upper radiator hose when the engine is hot and idling. Careful, because the hose will be HOT! If you do not feel much coolant circulating through the hose when you rev the engine, the pump may be bad. The other cause might be a bad thermostat that is not opening properly (remove and inspect the thermostat), or a clogged radiator.