NOISE

2004 Audi Quattro

Steering problem
2004 Audi Quattro 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 64500 miles

when I turn the wheel to the left when im driving it sounds like something isnt right. The tire is not rubbing. I put a spare regular size tire on there for I had a flat and a tire sales person said all 4 tires must be the same. What do you think the noise is from?
Mmills0412

Please try to describe the noise for us. Diagnosis of strange sounds from cyberspace is dependent on significant positive interaction and can be quite difficult for us. I hope that you can see the point I am trying to make. Does it seem like a rubbing noise or a screeching noise? Is it speed dependent? Does it do it turning just left and right or just left? Can you feel anything through the steering wheel? My cat and I await your reply.

Dr. Hagerty
No not on the steering wheel. Its like the tire pressure is low but it is not. Cant really describe the sound much but something is very wrong and its only when I turn it to the left and the sound is only on the left. Also the tire sounds noisy on the front side.

Mmills0412