SHUTTER UNDER ACCELERATION

Audi A4

I have a 1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. Recently I have noticed a shutter in higher gear lower to mid range RPM" s. There is no evidence in first or second throughout the band but in 3, 4 and 5 it seems to shutter from 2-5k rpm. It is bad under stress, like say accelerating up hill but not so bad otherwise. Where should I start is this transmission? Fuel supply? Valves and cam? Or something connected with the CAT and exhaust? Should I throw Turbo and intake in there as well? Thanks for any help and direction.
Gr8nrg

I have the same problem with a 99 2.8l quattro, and ask myself the same questions. Did you find the issue?

Fcricket75
I have a 1999 A4 1.8 Turbo. After a recent Oil Change, Tire rotation, and air filter change (Pep Boys) I have the similar experience after driving 40 miles. Same symptoms described above. Any thoughts?

Cdsburnwell