COOLING FAN

2000 Audi A4

Engine problem
2000 Audi A4 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 127000 miles

My Cooling fan blades broke off the other day but only on the big cooling fan. Right as I heard them break during my driving, The Car seemed to feel like it was going to staul, however it didn't. When I was sitting at a stand still just idleing the engine felt very shakey and felt like it would staul. When I got home I looked in the engine and saw that the blades of the fan had broken off. Would this make the engine sputter like that (Also I found the coolant level was low) And there was a brownish fluid splashed throughout the area. May have been engine coolant. But do you think this would occur from the fan breaking or do you think my radiator may have been effected too?

I appreciate your time reading this very much!
Marty Rodick
Marty16r

Brown coolant is not good you should replace that a.S.A.P (coolant should be green some yellow) as far as the fan just could be old

Raygunrunner
Audi / VW coolant is pink/purple .... and can look brown when it gets old.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjecliyGpTPIaYH8lvtIlfAZzOPe0R2G97z7ctvHuCR-C_gLmMXg

Exovcds