ENGINE OIL MIXING WITH THE WATER.

1995 Audi A4

1995 Audi A4 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 158000 miles

hi, I need advice on my audi, the engine oil is mixing with the water. The block was skimmed and the heads. The engine started mixing the oil and water and I then took the block and heads to the engineering for pressure testing. All came back that it was fine. I redonr the engine and I am still having the same problem, the vehicle doesnt have an oil cooler as I had that checked already. If any body can give me advise thanks
Jaco30

I first need to know where the oil and water are mixing. Is this in the crank case or in the cooling system?

If it's in the crank case, you have a blown intake/head gasket. If it's in the cooling system, and you don't have a oil cooler, then that is transmission fluid, not oil mixing with the coolant.

This will happen when a crack develops inside the radiator (the radiator has a built-in tranny cooler as well).

You'll have to replace that.

Ernest Clark
The oil is mixing into the water and pusing the water out of the water bottle. The engine oil goes missing, I do understand the radiator can have an oil cooler but there is no pipes going to the radiator.

Jaco30
The radiator wouldn't have both a tranny cooler and oil cooler. If your oil is getting into the coolant, then it's either a blown head gasket, intake gasket or cracked block or head. (Despite the previous pressure test, there's no other way)

A pressure test will find it.

Ernest Clark