GOT TIMING BELT CHANGE DROVE IT FOR 6 DAYS AND NOW NEED NEW

All Other Makes All Other Models

Got timing belt changed at 42,000 4 years old drove it for about 6 days no problems the I heard a loud knocking noise then engine wouldnt start took it back to the guy who did my belt and he said there was no problem with the belt but now have no compression and would require a new engine he said he could strip it down to find fault but would end up more expensive what I want to know was this due to timing belt being renewed as engine was fine prior as the top of engine fine help
Saffi

So your saying u got 01or 02 what? With 42,000 miles on it. So we can be more help please send following info. Car make, model, motor size and year. Thnks

Jpam
No compression? Well, if the timing belt jumps it can cause the valves to hit the pistons causing no comp. Or if the cam is off too much the engine cant build comp due to the fact the valves are opening and closing at the wrong times

Jack42