DAEWOO NUBIRA "CHECK ENGINE" LIGHT

All Other Makes All Other Models

I have a 1999 Daewoo Nubira CDX hatchback 2.0L and its giving me fits. The check engine light has become my arch enemy! So far I've replaced the oxygen sensor, light comes back on. Replaced the temperature sensor, light comes back on. New plugs, new plug wires, evil check engine light refuses to die! My mechanic is making a small fortune off of me. It always ends up with the light on for about six months and then it starts running like a dog. He runs some industrial strength injector cleaner though it and it'll run okay for about six more months but that evil little warning light will come back on within a few days after the new part and the dose of injector cleaner every time. What is wrong with this little car? If my wife didn't just love it to death I'd drive it into the bloody river.

And oh yeah, I replaced the CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR too.
Captaincargo

We need the engine light code/s, get it pulled and comeback with it

BTW what make you change the Cam sensor

First thanks for responding rasmataz.

The company had a recall for the Cam sensor. And if the sensor’s code number on the sensor fell into a certain range it was done for free. Mine wasn't in that range when I had it checked. So they said it wasn’t covered under the recall.

Three weeks later the sensor burned up anyways but I had to pay for it since it wan't in the supposedly " affected" range.

As to the codes my mechanic said it was something that was " upstream" whatever that meant. He said that it meant " might mean" the oxygen sensor. So I replaced it. Then he said the temperature sensor was malfunctioning so he replaced that and put the fuel injector cleaner in.

But to me it may just boils down to the injectors. He also mentioned taking something else off that had to do with fuel injection and clean it too but I forget what.

Could it be something as simple as a dirty air filter?

Captaincargo
I owned a 2001 Lanos hatchback. The check engine light also came on around the time of the sensor recall. I took mine in and mine wasn't replaced, apparently the same reason yours wasn't. Within a year, the timing belt broke and ruined the engine. I didn't bother to get it fixed, since the bill was around $3000 and we know the car isn't nearly worth that much.
Have you had your timing belt looked at and/or replaced? If you want to keep the car, I highly recommend it.

Jbsmith
Thanks for the info on the timing belt JB, I'll check into it. As to the sensor I actually did have it replaced. I just had to pay for it myself is all.

Ocasionally the light will go off. I assume that's because it ran enough miles to reset itself. It seems to go off on long runs at high speed. Such as a freeway trip that takes a couple of hours. But in normal city traffic it inevitably comes back on.

Captaincargo