93 SUZUKI SWIFT 1.3LNO SPARK-.66VOLTS TO DISTRIBUTOR- KEY ON

1993 All Other Makes All Other Models

Help!93 suzuki swift has no spark from coil or plug wires-12volts to coil terminals-12 volts to igniter module under coil on one wire-.66 volts to dist. Key on at both wires-when cranking engine the dist. Has.86 volts=less than one volt!-Traced dist. Wires to computer connecter-same volts there. Engine has been sw : itched and brought to me with no spark. Tried several parts -no volts to dist. Is where problem is I think--help!
Audie buckner

Give me exactly waht it will or won't do. I feel that it may need an ignition module but be more specific about the symptons without voltage readings.

Losone
No spark-fuel pump runs a few seconds-dash lights work normal-no spark when cranking-tried a new module under coil-still no spark- help and thank you for the quick reply!

Audie buckner
Those 1.3 have a high timing belt failure. Pull the distributer cap turn the engine so the timing mark is on TDC and insure the rotor is pointing to #1 cyl. Good luck

Losone
Hello! Dist. Rotor movimg when cranking -think timing belt is normal-no spark when cranking-shouldn't there be 12 volts to dist? Tried another computer -numbers different-no spark. Help? Thanks!

Audie buckner
There should be 12V to the distributer. Check all fuses especially to the ECM

Losone
All fuses good under hood and dash. Don't know where dist. Gets voltage from.I know the 2 dist. Wires go directly to computer terminals.I have old engine and have traced all wires.I need wiring schematics to maybe see where power comes from.I have many manuals; but none precise for swifts. Thanks!Help?

Audie buckner
The GM geo metro of that year is the same vehicle and the wiring the ame. The 12V comes from the ignition switch.

Losone
Gonna give up for today; and try to look at a schematic . Thank you for your time today!

Audie buckner
Hi! Got to do a little on car today-looked in factory shop manual for a couple hours. Dist. Voltage with key on should be.04 to.08 volts-and it is. Got resisistances for several parts and test procedures. Hope to find something defective. Also checked air gap in dist.-It had no gap at all! Set to.008+ - switched two relays in fuse block. Got more to check tomorrow. Thanks!

Audie buckner
Help!Still no spark-got code 41 -no dist. Signal-car has same voltage at 2 dist. Wires and 2 terminals on computer-resistances for pickup, coil all normal. Does anyone think it is computer? Help! Thanks!

Audie buckner