92 PICKUP EFI FUSE BLOWS(22RE)

1992 All Other Makes All Other Models

I have a 1992 Toyaya Pick Up with A 22RE. Initially the engine would bog down in the first two gears when the engine was cold. Now That does not seem to occur as often, But The EFI fuse blows durring moderate toheavy acceleration. I Suspect the fuel pump (More like a random guess) Is there any way to test the fuel pump to see if is drawing too much current. Are there any other suggestions on what could be wrong.
L0st_Sail0r

Pretty good guess since that is the highest amp drawing item in that circuit. It could be something shorting out, but in most cases, I would look for the highest drawing item first.

Mikeybdman
Hi.

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on the best way to measure/determine if the fuel pump is bad (Expected resistance or test points for amps)

Thanks a Lot

L0st_Sail0r
I dont think your gonna find a resistance check for a fuel pump. Basically you would be checking the continuity of the coil of the motor. I have never heard of any manufactures giving resistances of motors.
I would say that the max current draw for that motor should be less than 15 amps. Probably more like 10 amps or so max.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Mikeybdman
Thank you for all your help. The fault turns out to be burnt 02 sensor wiring. It is amazing the truck ran at all. I am not sure why it would only pop the fuse under higher revs, but I had about 5 inches of melted wires.

L0st_Sail0r
I saw that that fuse went off on the diagram to another section of the PCM, but it had all sorts of model variations that I just couldnt track it down. Even if I had seen the O2 sensor on the diagram, I doubt I would have mentioned it. Who would have ever thunk to look at an O2 sensor for the EFI fuse.
I am very glad you fixed your problem, and will jot that one down for later reference.

Mikeybdman