QUESTIONS FOR ALL OTHER CARS

2007 All Other Makes All Other Models

2007 Questions for all other cars 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 20000 miles

1)is it possible for the water pump to get damaged at the 20k mileage mark (for new car) for this type of engine and if so what could be the cause of this damage. For example would driving say non- stop at high speed for 5 hours in the afternoon along the highway (having temperature of @ 95 degrees F) contribute to this kind of damage?
2)i drive a hafei lobo (made in china)-this carmaker has its beginnings in chinese aviation engineering. It is based in harbin in china and is one of the better china brands/they base their engines on early(japanese) mitsubishis. Is hafei a good brand, would u say?
Charles chandran

Hi there,

I would not expect a water pump to fail at the time, but there are exceptions, that type of driving should not have any bearing on the life of the pump, if there was an issue with belt tensions or coolant leaks this could have some thing to do with the failure, this type of car is unknown to me as I live in Australia and we don't have them here, so reliability issues, I are totally unknown.

Mhpautos