QUESTIONS FOR ALL OTHER CARS LOUD NOISES FROM UNDER CAR

2003 All Other Makes All Other Models

Suspension problem
2003 Questions for all other cars Front Wheel Drive Manual 61000 miles

I have a 2003 Seat Ibiza. The problem is that there is loud sqeeking noises coming from the front underside of the vehicle. The sqeeks are normally heard when driving over rough ground or changing gear or acceleration suddenly. I was wondering if this could possibly be the engine mounts. Also, sometimes the car will judder slightly when travelling at a constant speed. The noise also gets worse under wet conditions. I have replaced the right driver side wishbone which was worn thinking this could be the problem. The springs around my dampers do look very worn, however the noise does seem to be coming from the middle fornt underside of the vehicle most violently.
Prol1

Ok first you need to look under the car and check out the bushings. It could be shifter bushings. Most cars these days use bushing to hold the shifter in place. I would also check the suspension bushings like the control arm bushings strut rod bushings sway bar bushings and links. If there is no obviouse sign of a problem then buy some silcone spray as it will not harm the rubber bushings and start spraying them a section at a time so you can isolate the problem. Maybe start with the bushing on the shifter under the car if the noise goes away then you found the problem. Check you exhaust hangers too ok. Hope this helps.

Racefan966