GRAND AM SQUEAKY NOISE

2003 All Other Makes All Other Models

We purchased my car new about 2 years ago and haven't had any major problems with it. I wrecked it about 6 months ago and had to have everything (or at least I think they replaced everything) on the front passanger side replaced. Well after I got it fixed there was a noise and I had to have an axle replaced (which was supposed to be fized after the accident). I got the car back after having a new axle put in it and I started hearing this really loud noise that sounds like a squeaky bed coming from the front passanger side. I take the car back they say they can't hear anything but they replace an intermidiate shaft anyway (they also strip a screw while doing this). To make a long story short, my warranty has expired, all the times I took my car back to the dealer about the noise they never fixed it, and my car still has this noise. It also sounds as though there is something " loose" in the same area of the car when I go over bumps. The noise doesn't happen all the time, which makes me seem crazy sometimes when i'm trying to get someone to hear it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Angelashley

Can you list what was replaced? An intermittant noise is one of the hardest problems to find, so if you know what was replaced it would help. Because it could be anything. Is it always squeak, or si there a clunk, or slight rattle that sometimes accompanies it.

Chevy350guy
Okay on the bill that I recieved back they have listed a rod kit, arm, sheild, clamp, fascia, headlight, fender, tire, wheel. They later replaced a wheel hub, bearings, intermediate shaft, and axle. I hope that helps. THe noise is like a squeaky bed. I know its comming from that side, but it doesnt happen all the time, some days I hear it other days I dont. THere is also a kinda of louder noise, kinda like a low-pitched clunk that sounds like something is loose. That noise happens all the time when I go over small bumps. Both noises are in or around the same place, I know that they are comming from the front passanger side. Which just happens to be the side that was wrecked. Thanks

Angelashley
Check the strut and strut tower. There isn't much left on that side that could be causing the odd sound assuming they replaced those other parts properly. The strut moves up and down with the car and it may be causing some of the noise.

Mvannessjr
Thanks for all the help

Angelashley