GRAND PRIX- FUEL INJECTION?

2002 All Other Makes All Other Models

My 02' Grand Prix has roughly 80,000 miles on it. For the past few months, I've been having problems with the car's acceleration. 90% of the time it stalls or takes an excessively long time to reach say 45mph. Going uphill it takes longer. Engine light has come on several times, and all I could get out of two mechanics was that a misfire was occurring along with other codes that they failed to notify me as to what exact codes they were. Also recently, a loud, high pitched whistle is coming from around the backside of the intake manifold. I've changed plugs and wires, changed fuel pump and filter, and I'm currently taking out fuel injectors to inspect for clog. Please help me narrow my search for problem down. I think I have to check catalytic converter, O2 sensors, coil pack and vacume hoses
Jm_lmx

I would check for vacuum leaks, especially around the intake.

Jptruax
Heyy man, I hadd that EXACT same problem like 2 days ago! I had changed my spark plugs N it didnt fix the problem BUT I when I went and got my fuel injectors pressured clean N whatever they did to clean em for like an 1 hour N a half. It FIXEEDD IT! Put dont take your fuel injectors off, I was going to take mines off, but I find out you dont have to, the mechanic people puts them on an machine with them on. Soo good luck hope it works for you like it did for me! =)

JLil
Check IAC (Idle Air Control) and throttle body for carbon deposits while you are at it.

Mvannessjr