QUESTIONS FOR ALL OTHER CARS LEAKING OIL PAN

2001 All Other Makes All Other Models

2001 Questions for all other cars V8 Automatic 0

I have an Indmar Gm Vortec V8 marine engine that has some tiny pinholes in the oil pan at the bottom where sometimes it is in the bilge water. Now to replace the oil pan in a boat you would have to take the whole engine out at a great expense. Is there any method such as fiberglass etc. That I could use to termporaily cover these holes until the offseason when I could have the engine pulled and pan replaced? Thanks for your help.
Whealthp

Hi there,

There are a few metal bonding products around, but if you can, are you able to bronze them over or is access not that good, ideally the solution is to replace the sump, but as you indicate a temp solution is preferred, so I would try the industrial hardware suppliers for metal bonding and patching products, this is not something that I have done my self so be guided by the suppliers and may be contact the help line on any product that you try if that option is available.

Mhpautos