COROLLA STALLING OUT ONLY IN THE MORNING

2001 All Other Makes All Other Models

This is the strangest thing.I've got a Corolla--only 60,000 miles. Every morning, it starts up fine--- but then as I am pulling out of the parking lot, it wants to stutter, " lose power" and stall out. It only does this after it has been sitting for several hours. Once the car is up and running, it seems OK. I've tried different brands of gas. And adding dry gas, fuel injector cleaner, etc. Nothing seems to help---and it's getting worse. Does anybody have any ideas?
JoeCorolla2

Probably its a sensor problem.
Its the check engine light on?

Fisherman
Well, yes, I've been told that some sort of " upstream O-2 sensor" is defective, but I've just ignored it because my friend told me that that would have nothing to do with the car stalling out. He said that's just one of those " environmental emmissions" things. Which won't affect performance of the car. Was he wrong on that? ---Confused---

JoeCorolla2
Probably your car its equipped with 2 oxigen sensor one before and another after the catalitic converter.
And yes, he is wrong. The oxigen sensor work with the on board computer to deliver the right amount of gas to the cylinders, if its running to rich the sensor reads the oxigen quantity and leans the gas and viceversa.
If your sensor its not working right start replacing it and see how it works.

Good luck!

Fisherman