GALANT BURNING OIL

1993 All Other Makes All Other Models

My 93 galant seems to be burning a little bit more oil than it should, would it be the oil that im using?
Urbs13

How many miles on the motor?
What weight?
Is it there any bluish smoke when it is started after an 8 hour set or so?

Its done just over 230000km's and ive got the guy I bought it off had 20-40 if I remembered right.

Urbs13
20W40 : shock: Check again.
Being a Service Writer there are times What I think I know is way off base. Having said that, I'm pretty sure that is close to gear oil in viscosity. Change it and put 10w30 in her.

Is it a " her"? : Lol: Again: Is it there any bluish smoke when it is started after an 8 hour set or so?

Are you getting a gray smoke at all?

Oh ok then will do : D. It's definately a her lol.

I havn't noticed any blusih smoke, and very little grey smoke on cold start (if any smoke at all)

Urbs13
Hi,

I've just noticed my 93 Galant is blowing a fair bit of smoke now. Is there any way I can reduce this or stop it?

Urbs13
I guess we know why they went to a heavy oil. My guess is worn rings in the cylinders. Oil gets into the combustion chamber and burns.

Cheers! Ill look for that stuff I hadn't heard of that before.

Urbs13