QUESTIONS FOR ALL OTHER CARS FERRARI 308

1985 All Other Makes All Other Models

1985 Questions for all other cars V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 11000 miles

I own an older, but late model, Ferrari 308 QV. Lately it has been difficult to start despite what has proven to be a fairly reliable fuel injection system. I've had to pump the gas a few times, but it eventually turned over and ran normally. This past weekend, after going to a car show, the car backfired for the first time since I've owned it. Today when I started the car up again, it's power was noticibly anemic and it repeatedly stalled. Which it's never done. On further inspection, there is a strong smell of fuel after the car is shut off which leads me to believe that I have an entire bank of cylinders not firing and I'm pooling fuel. In the Cat Converter most likely. How can I tell which set, if either, of the cylinders are not firing and where do I begin to diagnose this? Yes it's a low milage car, but it's almost 25 years old. Last servicing was 2 years ago and the plugs and their connectors look ok. Thanks.
Hej

To answer your question, the eases way to check cylinder misfiring, you need to get a non-contact laser thermometer with a laser, they are available at Harbor freight, start up the vehicle and check the temperature of the exhaust on each cylinder, they should run pretty close to the same temperature, if you do have a dead cylinder, it'll be about 150 ° less than the rest.

Dr Loot