CAR WON'T START

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider

1992 Alfa Romeo Spider 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 70000 miles

car had been running great.
driving home one day the radio starting going off and on and the flashers would not work. Got home and the next day it would not start.
charged the battery and it would not turn over. Lights and wipers & ac all work. Still no radio or emergency flashing lights.
i may have hit the fuse box with my foot (it is under the steering wheel) because 1 big fuse (12v) was hanging down. I bought a new one and put it where I thought the old one was (there are two spots and 1 doesn't have any big box fuse in it ) I have tried both spots and nothing happens.
Alfacarl

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

We do not have any information on Alfa's in our data base as yet, so I will go with the usual suspicions with a problem like this.

This electrical problem will be one of a poor connection somewhere I feel, so I would first start with the battery, clean & tight terminals, ensure that there is no corrosion inside the terminal wall, re check all fuses, use a test light, check that power is flowing through each fuse, you may have a corrosion problem on the fuse terminal, often seen with glass type fuses, if you can check behind the fuse box, as if you did give it a kick you may have loosened a terminal in behind the panel, start here.

Mhpautos